One of the most famous fuzz pedals ever, the much sought after 1973 "Rams Head" version of the Big Muff Pi.
A kit of components as recommended by Ivlark for assembly of the EHX 73 stripboard project.
- these kits are not intended for beginners, so the ability to identify components and values from their markings and to transfer a pictorial layout to physical stripboard is assumed. No written instructions are provided with the kit.
Latest assembly guides and layout are available here.
Manufacturers and product names are mentioned solely for circuit identification and comparison, and where applicable the trademarks are the property of their respective owners who are in no way associated or affiliated with Bitsbox. No cooperation or endorsement is implied.
- 3x 100R Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 1x 820R Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 4x 100k Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 3x 33k Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 1x 3k3 Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 2x 7k5 Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 1x 390k Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 4x 12k Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 3x 470k Metal Film Resistor 0.25W 1%
- 1x 100uF 16V Electrolytic
- 2x 100nF Polyester Film
- 1x 3.9nF Ceramic Disc
- 3x 470pF Ceramic Disc
- 4.7nF Polybox
- 2x 10nF Polybox
- 5x 100nF Polybox
- 1x 150nF Polybox
- 4x 1N4148 Diode
- 1x 1N5817 Schottky Diode
- 4x BC550C Transistor
- 3x 100k log 16mm Potentiometer
- 1x 64x95mm Stripboard
- 1x 3PDT Footswitch
- 1x 2.1mm DC Chassis Socket
- 1x On/Off/On Toggle Switch
Note: Obsolete components will have been replaced by currently available recommended substitutes - more information available via the blog here
To complete your project you might be interested in: