"DAM's take on a simplified Fuzz Face or Colorsound One Knob Fuzz depending on which way you look at it. Either way a truly great sounding effect which has become a modern classic."
A kit of components as recommended by Ivlark for assembly of the DAM Meathead stripboard project.
- these kits are not intended for beginners, so the ability to identify components and values from their markings and to transfer a pictorial layout to physical stripboard is assumed. No written instructions are provided with the kit.
Latest assembly guides and layout are available here.
Manufacturers and product names are mentioned solely for circuit identification and comparison, and where applicable the trademarks are the property of their respective owners who are in no way associated or affiliated with Bitsbox. No cooperation or endorsement is implied.
- 1x 820R Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 1k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 2.2k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 4.7k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 18k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 120k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 47uF 25V Electrolytic Axial
- 1x 10uF 16V Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1x 10nF Polyester Film
- 1x 22nF Polyester Film
- 1x 47pF Ceramic Disc
- 1x 470pF Ceramic Disc
- 1x 2N3904 NPN Transistor
- 1x BC182L NPN Transistor
- 1x 470k lin 16mm Potentiometer
- 1x 9x25mm Stripboard
- 1x 3PDT Footswitch
- 1x 2.1mm DC Chassis Socket
Note: Obsolete components will have been replaced by currently available recommended substitutes - more information available via the blog here
To complete your project you might be interested in: