"Add more gain to your guitar playing with minimal colouration to your signal. This pedal is designed to preserve the tone of your guitar and every nuance of your playing style while adding a convincing tweed-like growl."
A kit of components as recommended by Ivlark for assembly of the Clark Gainster stripboard project.
- these kits are not intended for beginners, so the ability to identify components and values from their markings and to transfer a pictorial layout to physical stripboard is assumed. No written instructions are provided with the kit.
Latest assembly guides and layout are available here.
Manufacturers and product names are mentioned solely for circuit identification and comparison, and where applicable the trademarks are the property of their respective owners who are in no way associated or affiliated with Bitsbox. No cooperation or endorsement is implied.
- 1x 1k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 5x 10k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 22k Metal Film Resistor 1/4W 1%
- 1x 1M Carbon Film Resistor 1/4W 5%
- 1x 47uF 25V Electrolytic
- 1x 100uF 25V AxialElectrolytic
- 1x 120pF Multilayer Ceramic
- 1x 2.2nF Polyester Film
- 1x 47nF Polyester Film
- 1x 100nF Polyester Film
- 1x 100nF Polybox
- 3x 1N4148 Diodes
- 1x 4558 Op Amp
- 1x 1M Log 16mm Pot
- 1x 500k Log 16mm Pot
- 1x 22k Lin 16mm Pot
- 1x 64x95mm Stripboard
- 1x 3DPT Footswitch
- 1x 2.1mm DC Chassis Socket
Note: Some components from the original design may have been replaced by recommended substitutes - more information available via the blog here
To complete your project you might be interested in: