"Highly specialized to simulate the "everything on 10" sound of a classic Marshall® JTM45 non-master-volume amplifier."
A kit of components as recommended by Ivlark for assembly of the Box of Rock stripboard project.
- these kits are not intended for beginners, so the ability to identify components and values from their markings and to transfer a pictorial layout to physical stripboard is assumed. No written instructions are provided with the kit.
Latest assembly guides and layout are available here
Manufacturers and product names are mentioned solely for circuit identification and comparison, and where applicable the trademarks are the property of their respective owners who are in no way associated or affiliated with Bitsbox. No cooperation or endorsement is implied.
- Metal Film Resistors 0.25W 1%:
- 1x 82R, 180R, 330R, 47k, 82k, 470k
- 4x 5k1
- 2x 10k
- 10x 1M
- Carbon Film Resistors 0.25W 5%:
- 2x 2.2nF Polyester Film
- 1x 22nF Polyester Film
- 1x 100nF Polyester Film
- 2x 22nF Polybox
- 2x 100nF Polybox
- 1x 1uF 50V Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1x 10uF 16V Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1x 100uF 16V Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1x 470pF Ceramic Disc
- 2x 9.1V 500mW Zener Diode
- 1x 1N5817 Schottky Diode
- 4x BS170 FET
- 2x 5k Reverse Log 16mm Potentiometer
- 1x 100k Lin 16mm Potentiometer
- 1x 100k Log 16mm Potentiometer
- 1x 64x95mm Stripboard
- 2x 3PDT Footswitch
- 1x 2.1mm DC Chassis Socket
Note: Some components from the original design may have been replaced by recommended substitutes - more information available via the blog here
To complete your project you might be interested in: