I don't live in the UK, can I still order?
We can ship to most countries. If your country appears in the shipping destination drop down list at the checkout we can accept your order.
Is there a minimum order value?
No. We have had customers buy a single resistor.
Do I need to set up an account to order?
Yes. Just enter your details to set up an account. This will hold your cart contents between visits, provide a purchase history, store shipping addresses, etc. Your details are protected by SSL encryption - look for the padlock on your browser.
Can I visit your shop?
We don't have a shop nor trade counter, but you can collect your order from our Solihull premises. Place your order online, as normal, then select "Store Pickup" from the delivery options presented at the checkout. You will receive an email when the order is ready and you can collect Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. A small charge (currently 30p) will be applied as "Postage" to cover the payment handler's minimum transaction charge.
Can I add to an order I just placed?
Check your order history. If the order status is "Pending" or "Processing" place a new order, but choose "Store Pickup" as the delivery method and add a note to say it is an addition to order XXXX (the previous order reference). A small charge is applied as "postage" to cover the minimum transaction charge imposed by the payment handler.
Why is VAT added at the checkout when you say it is included in the prices?
VAT is NOT added at the checkout. Look more carefully and you will see that the VAT figure presented shows what is included in the total - VAT(inc) gives a clue to this.
Can I have free components?
Please don't be offended, but the simple answer to the many enquiries we receive along these lines is - no. Your project may be going to revolutionise the world, so it should be an easy task to convince potential investors to back its development. Unfortunately, that is not the business we are in.
Can I send you a list of components for my project?
Unfortunately, we have neither the time nor resources to provide a personal shopper service. If there is a particular item you can't find we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Will I receive lots of unsolicited email?
No. Our cart system will only send emails confirming your order status and any product updates you may have requested. We do not pass your details on to any third party.
I previously created an account but my email address is not recognised when I try to log in.
This is most likely due to a typo in the address used to register. Send us a message and we'll look into it.
What do I need to complete my FX kit?
There are a number of items needed to complete the build which are a matter of personal preference in style, type, colour, etc.
1. The enclosure. The size will obviously depend on the size of the completed circuit board, but also on your personal preference and skill level. Read the comments of other builders on the blog page for each kit for guidance if necessary, but it generally boils down to one of three - 1590A, 1590B or 1590BB (or equivalent sizes).
2. Jack sockets for input and output.
3. Wire for internal wiring - solid core or stranded, whichever you prefer.
4. Control knobs - the shaft diameters on the potentiometers are 6mm, so any stocked control knob will fit.
5. LED with associated bezel and series resistor.
6. DIL sockets for ICs.
I can't find your telephone number.
There are a number of reasons we do not publish the telephone number on the website:
1. Queries will often require some research and are more easily handled by email.
3. We would rather be processing orders than fielding calls from companies trying to sell their latest sales improvement product or service.
Drop us an email with your query and we will normally get back to you within a few minutes during business hours, but if you really need to speak to us Google will help you out.
Your IP Address is: 18.104.22.168